The fourteenth century seems to be the time when the first recipe collections in any language start appearing in Europe; there are much older Middle Eastern collections. While there is nothing like the explosion that would occur in the Renaissance and Early Modern periods (no doubt due to the advent of the printing press), I suspect the beginning of recording recipes was due to the introduction of paper.
Vegetable Side Dishes
- Perrey in Pesoun (Pea Puree)
- Blaunche Porre (Leeks in Saffron)
- Chyches (Baked Chickpeas)
- Iowtes of Almaund Mylke (Green Soup)
- Aquapatys (Braised Garlic)